WELCOME TO ENGLISH SPEAKING SAMPLE!

You are going to take the IELTS exam but NOT GOOD AT SPEAKING SKILL?
You don't know how to speak and how to use vocabularies.
You lack vocabularies and ideas.
THIS SITE OFFERS YOU VARIOUS SPEAKING SAMPLES AS USEFUL MATERIALS TO IMPROVE YOUR SPEAKING.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teacher

Describe a TEACHER who has greatly influenced you in your education
Outline:
  • What she looked like
  • Where you met him/her?
  • What subject they taught?
  • What was special about him/her
  • Explain why this person influenced you so much.

SAMPLE 1:
Introduction:
I can remember a teacher called Miss Nicholls really well.

Body:
Q2&3: She was a teacher I had when I was about six years old. She taught all subjects, not anything in particular.
Q1: Physically, she was quite ordinary. She was about average height, thin with grey hair in a bun. She looked how you would expect for a person of her age – I would say she was about 50 years old.
Q4: Character-wise, she was quick and precise. She was quick in all her movements, walking and speaking. And she spoke very precisely. She was a ‘yes or no’ kind of person. Of course, before I moved into her class I was terrified of her. Now, many people have a rough exterior and a soft inside, but the extraordiary thing about Miss Nicholls was that she really did have a heart of gold.

Conclusion (Q5)
I’m sure that I’ll never forget her beacause she taught me how to be firm but kind.
(Source: Sam Mccarter, Barry Cusack, Listening and Speaking Skills, page 97)
SEE SAMPLE 2: TEACHER
Some USEFUL PHRASES can help you express your ideas:
Introducing your choice:
  • The … I’ve chosen is …
  • I can remember …
  • There are many teachers who have taught me. They are all good and I have learned a lot from them. But Ms (name) who taught me ...(subject) in high school, is the teacher who has greatly influenced me .
Body:
  1. Describing physical features
    • He/she looked …
    • Physically, he/she was …
  2. Describing character
    • Character-wise, he/she was …
    • In terms of personality,
Conclusion:
  1. Explaining the reason for your choice
  • I’ll never forget him/her because …
  • What … taught me was that …
  • In short, that's a teacher I love and respect very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment