WELCOME TO ENGLISH SPEAKING SAMPLE!

You are going to take the IELTS exam but NOT GOOD AT SPEAKING SKILL?
You don't know how to speak and how to use vocabularies.
You lack vocabularies and ideas.
THIS SITE OFFERS YOU VARIOUS SPEAKING SAMPLES AS USEFUL MATERIALS TO IMPROVE YOUR SPEAKING.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Handbag

Describe an IMPORTANT THING that you LOST and what happened when you lost it.
Outline:
  1. Why the thing was important to you
  2. How you lost it
  3. What efforts you made to find it
  4. Explain what you will do in future
SAMPLE 2: HANDBAG
Introduction:
I remember one time when I lost a handbag.
Body:Well, I should say first that it was probably my own fault. Looking back, I realize I had a habit of putting it down. I think I lost it in a shop. It had all my cards in it, so I was deseperate. Anyway, to find it, I first went back to the shop, but they could not help. After that, I went to the police. They suggested I put an ad in the newspaper, so finally, that's what I did.
Conclusion:
In future, I won't use a handbag. I'll always use a bag with a shoulder strap.
(Source: Sam Mccarter, Barry Cusack, Listening and Speaking Skills, page 91)
Some of USEFUL PHRASES can help you to express your ideas:
1. Why th thing was important to you
+ I had many important things inside it ...
+ (the thing) was very important to me because ...

2. How you lost it
+ Looking back, I realize ...
3. What efforts you made to find it
+ To find it, I first...
+ After that, I...
+ Finally,...

4. Explain what you will do in the FUTURE: describe precautions
+ In future, I will ... in case ...

No comments:

Post a Comment