WELCOME TO ENGLISH SPEAKING SAMPLE!

You are going to take the IELTS exam but NOT GOOD AT SPEAKING SKILL?
You don't know how to speak and how to use vocabularies.
You lack vocabularies and ideas.
THIS SITE OFFERS YOU VARIOUS SPEAKING SAMPLES AS USEFUL MATERIALS TO IMPROVE YOUR SPEAKING.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teacher (2)

Describe a TEACHER who has greatly influenced you in your education
Outline:
  • What she looked like
  • Where you met him/her?
  • What subject they taught?
  • What was special about him/her
  • Explain why this person influenced you so much.
SAMPLE 2:
Introduction:
The teacher I've chosen is Mr/Ms/Miss Lan. She taught me English in high school and has greatly influenced me.
Body:

Physically, she is quite tall and has a round face with a wavy hair. She has a dark complexion and a beautiful smile. She is a careful dresser and usually wears clothes of bright colors because it makes her look much younger.
In terms of personality,
Topic sentence: Ms Lan is full of vigor, devotes all his energies to teaching English and has high responsibility for the job.
  • Support 1: She likes applying the elicitation method to make her students interested in what they are learning.
  • Support 2: I remember the time before enrolling the university, I wondered if which major was suitable for me. I was so confused that I couldn't make up my mind. Then she helped me realize my strong points, think of the future carefully in order to make the right decision.
I’ll never forget him/her because Ms Lan taught me a lot about the love of my career, responsibility in life and the determination of achieving what I really desired.

Conclusion
In short, that's a teacher I love and respect very much.
See SAMPLE 1: TEACHER

Some USEFUL PHRASES can help you express your ideas:
Introducing your choice:

  • The … I’ve chosen is …
  • I can remember …
  • There are many teachers who have taught me. They are all good and I have learned a lot from them. But Ms (name) who taught me ...(subject) in high school, is the teacher who has greatly influenced me .
Body:
  1. Describing physical features
    • He/she looked …
    • Physically, he/she was …
  2. Describing character
    • Character-wise, he/she was …
    • In terms of personality,
Conclusion:
  1. Explaining the reason for your choice
  • I’ll never forget him/her because …
  • What … taught me was that …
  • In short, that's a teacher I love and respect very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment