WELCOME TO ENGLISH SPEAKING SAMPLE!

You are going to take the IELTS exam but NOT GOOD AT SPEAKING SKILL?
You don't know how to speak and how to use vocabularies.
You lack vocabularies and ideas.
THIS SITE OFFERS YOU VARIOUS SPEAKING SAMPLES AS USEFUL MATERIALS TO IMPROVE YOUR SPEAKING.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Briefcase

Describe AN IMPORTANT THING that you LOST and what happened when you lost it.
Outline:
  1. Why the thing was important to you
  2. How you lost it
  3. What efforts you made to find it
  4. Explain what you will do in future
SAMPLE 1: BRIEFCASE

Introduction:

I remember one time when I lost my briefcase.
Body:
Q1: I had many important things inside it, all my papers from the university and the company and my laptop containing a lot of information about customers as well as partners. Oh I also lost my new product project I spent much time to finish.
Q2: Well, I should say first it was probably my own fault. I just put it down on the sidewalk and watched for my bus. After a few seconds, I looked back and realized my briefcase wasn’t there. So I think I lost it at the bus station. That made me very panic-stricken.
Q3: What I had to do at that time is trying to ask someone else standing beside me. But they couldn’t see anything
Conclusion:
In future, I will use the briefcase with a shoulder strap and pay more attention on my things whenever I am.
Some of the USEFUL PHRASES can help you to express your ideas:
1. Why the thing was important to you
+ I had many important things inside it …
+ (the thing) was very important to me because…
2. How you lost it
+ Looking back, I realize …
3. What efforts you made to find it
+ To find it, I first ...
+ After that, I …
+ Finally,…
4. Explain what you will do in the future: describe precautions
+ In future, I will ... in case ...

No comments:

Post a Comment