WELCOME TO ENGLISH SPEAKING SAMPLE!

You are going to take the IELTS exam but NOT GOOD AT SPEAKING SKILL?
You don't know how to speak and how to use vocabularies.
You lack vocabularies and ideas.
THIS SITE OFFERS YOU VARIOUS SPEAKING SAMPLES AS USEFUL MATERIALS TO IMPROVE YOUR SPEAKING.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Swimming

Describe one SPORT that you like to play or watch.
Outline:
  1. What kind of sport it is
  2. How do you begin to like it
  3. Who you play it with
  4. Where you play it
  5. How often do you play or watch it
  6. Explain why you enjoy playing it/ Explain why you prefer this sport to other sports
SAMPLE 1: SWIMMING

Introduction (Q1)
I am playing various kinds of sports, but my favorite sport is SWIMMING.  

Body
Q2: I remember the first time I played it was 2 years ago after being sank into the sea water. I was very panic stricken at the time and afraid of water. However, my father encourraged me to face that fear by learning to swim. After finishing 1 month swimming course, I felt more confident, courageous and really loved swimming.

Q3 & Q4 & Q5: My friends and I often swim together 3 times a week at the club in Ly Thuong Kiet street. I like swimming at the pool because I can meet many swimmers and learn some techniques from them to improve the speed of swimming.

Q6 & Q7:
Swimming is very advantageous.
  • Firstly, not only is it a practical skill, but it also provides a good exercise for the heart, the lungs and the limbs. In cold weather, swimming is especially refreshing. It trains the skin to keep body warm more effectively.
  • Secondly, swimming is very helpful for me to keep fit or be graceful in form. This makes me more confident in work as well as doing social activities.
  • Finally, to be a good swimmer, I can save my life and even others’ at time of emergency in a river or on the sea.
Conclusion
Those are the reasons why I prefer swimming to other kinds of sports.

Some USEFUL PHRASES can help you express your ideas:
Introduction:
  • I enjoy playing various kinds of sports. One of those is …(name of sport)
  • The sport that I am interested in playing is … (name of sport)
  • I play various kinds of sports, but my favorite sport is … (name of sport)

Body: to explain the advantages, you can use firstly, secondly, … and finally.

Conclusion:
  • Those are the reasons why I prefer (name of sport) to other kinds of sports.
  • Those are the reasons why I am very keen on practicing this sport regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment