WELCOME TO ENGLISH SPEAKING SAMPLE!

You are going to take the IELTS exam but NOT GOOD AT SPEAKING SKILL?
You don't know how to speak and how to use vocabularies.
You lack vocabularies and ideas.
THIS SITE OFFERS YOU VARIOUS SPEAKING SAMPLES AS USEFUL MATERIALS TO IMPROVE YOUR SPEAKING.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Express your SUGGESTION

Here are some useful phrases:
  • If it were up to me ...
  • If I were you, ...
  • If I were in control, ...
  • If I were in charge ...
  • I think a good start would be to ...
  • The first thing that should be done is ...
  • I believe a step in the direction would be to ...
  • I would like to see
  • ... should be the first thing to ...
  • ... should be looked at/into ...
  • I think ... should be introduced ...
  • I think ... should be looked into ...
  • Some countries/people have tried ...
  • It might/may be possible to ...
  • It might be advisable to ...
  • I think ... is a good idea that should be considered.

Here are some useful words:
  • ought to (responsibility)
  • recommend
  • should
  • make a suggestion
  • suggesting
  • implement (a policy, rule)
  • introduce (a policy, rule)
  • enforce (strong)
  • force
  • propose
  • put forward an idea
E.g.
  1. If it were up to me, I would force cyclists to ride next to the kerb.
  2. I believe a step in the direction would be to warn people about the dangers of greed.
  3. I put forward the idea of young people living together.
 >> See some useful phrases to express CONDITIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment